Friday, December 12, 2008

I am too big to fail... from Mark

It pains me to get so personal here on the blog, but I don't feel I have much other choice.

Most of you know I quit my job last December 31. Probably not a wise move on my part. That was the beginning of the recession as we know now.

I also have two American made Ford vehicles. An F250 and an Expedition. Neither gets very good gas mileage.

Over the years I bought way too much real estate thinking I was doing myself a favor and becoming self sufficient..... We all know what has happened to real estate....

I built way to much house as many of you who have visited know.

I had invested the max in my 401K and had made other stock market investments outside of the retirement plans. Well I don't need to tell you that has been nearly halved.

Many people and businesses depend on me to survive. Bank mortgages, power bills, phones, governments, grocery stores, doctors, dentists and the liquor store among others are all very dependent upon my survival.

This is where you all come in. If you could each send me $2oo I believe I can make it until March of 2009.

This will give me time to come up with a plan to proceed into the future. I know I should have probably planned a little better, but oh well, I didn't.

I will probably be on a better path to self sufficiency in March, but in all likely hood I will have to ask you all for another $400 to $500 each.

Thanks in advance for your help, and don't forget everyone you will be helping by sending the money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic...has to be best post yet.

Betty Blakley said...

Great post, Mark! I loved it!

~Betty~

Betty Blakley said...

Has anyone thought about us looking into the trade plans we have with foreign auto makers?

Guess what? The beautiful state of the art car manufacturers right here in The South were granted 100%
tax abatements...no taxes did they or do they have to pay! That's a lot of money for them. Detroit doesn't have tax abatements and probably wouldn't know what to do if they did.

I think we need to begin looking at some of these "trade deals" to see what we are giving them for free.

Fort Mill said...

Mark,

I'll donate my middle class tax credit that Obama's has promised me.

The Rowdy Republican said...

I don't know who Ft. Mill is, but I'll send you my address...
Mark