Saturday, December 3, 2011

Seen on FB by a Gold Star Mom..... The RR

Christina

Okay so God puts us in some awesome situations. Just came out of Lowes. While in there a man came up next to me with his son and a beautiful Belgian Malinois. I remarked how beautiful he is and the man was surprises I knew what breed he was. I told him I had one when I worked Drug Enforcement. He then told me he just retired from the Army. He then said the dog just recently returned from Afghanist...an and was retired from EOD K9. He then saw my Gold Star pin and just asked "When?". I told him and also told him my son was EOD. He looked at me and gave me a hug and then said "I'm a Gold Star Dad. Lost my son in Iraq in 09" Of course we hugged again talk a little bit more. When saying good-bye his teenage son came over and hugged me and said "Merry Christmas ma'am". Wow all because I noticed their beautiful dog. Thank you Lord!

No comments: