Thursday, November 6, 2008

Emily Raible Rants

I can't even begin to convey how exceptionally bad today has been. I'm really trying not to panic or go into the depths of despair, but it's a real challenge.
I am admittedly a "glass half empty" type of person by nature, but with Obama winning....well my glass is not only totally empty, but broken into a million pieces on the floor.
It grieves me to know that the majority of this country that I love, and my husband has a hand in protecting, voted this man into office.
I'm very fearful of what is to come in the next 4 years. Hopefully I'll be wrong, and I pray that I am, but if I'm not then we are in for extremely hard times.
We will be put to the test economically, socially, morally, and maybe most importantly our national security will be put to the test like never before.
I personally have zero confidence in Obama as a leader. His entire campaign was based on lies, half truths, trickery, and preying on the fact that young Americans have become little more than lemmings willing to follow the vast majority right over a cliff.
I realize that this may offend some people, even people whom I call friends, but I have just as much right to speak my mind as anyone else, even if it's not a popular line of thought. Obama preaches hope, but all I'm left with is dysphoria.

I have only one thing to say to Emily. 1994 Contract with America.

No comments: