Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Who Says History Doesn't Repeat It's Self....... The RR

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ... somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises.... I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started.... And an enormous debt to boot!"

Henry Morgenthau, Jr., Secretary of the Treasury, testimony to the House Ways and Means Committee, May 9, 1939 (17.2% unemployment)

The RR's comment: After spending nearly 800 billion on the previous stimulus package, and while most Libbies and a couple of idiot RINO's are toying with another stimulus / vote buying slush fund, we get the answer from FDR's Secretary of the Treasury seventy one years ago.

Many economist have studied the Great  Depression and determined the pain was extended by approximately 7 years by all the spending. If this is the case, and history does repeat, we may only have about 5 more years of this to go.

Daddy have you plugged the hole yet?

No comments: