Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Next Congressman from NC District 10 Scott Keadle???... TheRR

A Fraternity Brother and Blog Subscriber of mine, Kevin Lakey, asked me to look into a gentleman who has thrown his hat into the ring in the Republican Primary in NC 10. Kevin is serving as his Campaign Treasurer.

First let me tell you, I am not really upset with Patrick McHenry's voting record. What does gripe me is over the past few years the Congressman using his franking charges (our tax dollars) to mail out flyers gloating over a new fire department here (our tax dollars), a new water treatment plant there (our tax dollars), a new town hall here (our tax dollars), a second dog catcher there (our tax dollars). All this while we are out of money. Iknow I know they all do it, but I don't have to like it.

I have met McHenry several times, and he is a nice enough guy. He has a reputation as kind of a pit bull, which I like, but he has had a few gaffs also. It happens to all of them, you only see it reported on the Republicans, unless you regularly check out this blog.

Recently I attended a function where McHenry was adressing a room full of supporters and it was painful for me. I felt like I was being talked to like al-Gore always does. You know, let me keep this simple so you can understand it. I hate that. If it wouldn't have been so obvious I would have left. I decided that night that if a conservative challenger stood up to oppose McHenry, I would view them with an open mind.

Wallllaaahhhh!!!!

Check this guy out. He doesn't want to be a career politician. He will be a "Citizen Legislator" as the founding fathers intended. He has pledged to serve no more than 3 terms (6 years total) in Congress.

I hope if he is effective he might consider the Senate (no more than 2 terms) or Governor, God knows we need a Govenor.

Imagine if all the guys and gals in office now or in the future pledged not to take a Congressional Pension, like Scott already has!!!

Scott also has pledged not to vote for any Congressional pay raises.

This is not an endorsement as of yet, but it may very well turn into one.... because I like what I've seen so far.

Click here to meet Scott Keadle.

1 comment:

The Rowdy Republican said...

An update. I called Scott to ask a question before I posted the blog. I left a message and within an hour he called me back. We had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes and I could tell he was just a regular guy disguted with the direction the country is headed.