Friday, July 18, 2008

My New Liberal friend Mr. Clinard tosses off the gloves

Britt Moore sends in the following statement, and video which starts a little argument between me and a gentleman by the name of Bill Clinard, whom I look forward to buying a beer. It's funny.

If you think he is just "preaching to the choir",(boy will I offend some here....sorry), then I am inclined to suggest your thoughts do not have America first. Take care, God bless.

It's a Newt Gingrich video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY&feature=related

MR. Clinard writes:
BRITT: I HAVE AMERICA'S INTEREST AT HEART FIRST. NEWT IS ON TARGET, BUT I WONDER WHY HE OVERLOOKED LAMENTING THAT THE OIL COMPANIES DO NOT DRILL IN THE 60 MILLION SQUARE MILES OF LEASED DRILLING AREA THEY NOW OWN. WHY ARE THE OIL COMPANIES GETTING A BYE ON THIS? NEWT AND CONGRESS SHOULD BE RAISING HELL AT THEIR NEGLECT. MAYBE SOMEONE IN YOUR MAILING LIST CAN INFORM US. BILL C

Mark Replies:

After exploring the land and drilling "dry holes" they choose to let the leases expire because there is either no oil or an amount so small that it is not cost effective.

It's a ruse the Democrats use to fool the general public into thinking that they want to drill for oil also.


Apparently it's working.

Mr Clinard replies:
BRITT: IT IS NO MYSTERY TO DETERMINE THE POLITICS OF OUR FRIEND MARK. HE FORGETS THAT IT WAS BUSH SENIOR WHO SIGNED IN 1990 THE EXECUTIVE ORDER TO FORBID DRILLING OFF SHORE AND IN ALASKA. AT HIS URGING THE NEXT YEAR CONGRESS CONFIRMED THE PROHIBITION. SINCE THEN WE'VE HAD MORE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS AND CONGRESSES THAN DEMOCRATIC. SINCE WE WERE FAR FROM A COEVAL CRISIS, NEITHER DID A THING TO CHANGE UNTIL YESTERDAY. BUSH JUNIOR HAS LIFTED THE EXECUTIVE ORDER AND CALLED ON CONGRESS TO RECALL THE CONGRESSIONAL ORDER. WE ARE AT THE NADIR OF CHOICES AND SHOULD PURSUE A NON-POLITICAL NATIONAL POLICY. POLITICALLY WE SHOULD LEAVE THE MID EAST AND FUND ANOTHER MANHATTAN TYPE ENERGY PROJECT. THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER SERVED. IT IS A PITY WE ALL ARE NOT SO MUNIFICENTLY MINDED. BILL C

Good to see Bill C found his Webster's. I may have to find mine if he responds again.

Bill C is quick to judge my politics. My blog site is attached and all are welcome to see the Republicans take a whipping as well as the libbies. It actually got it's start beating up on a liberal Republican.

http://republicanrowdy.blogspot.com/

http://republicanrowdy.blogspot.com/2008/05/marks-rant-14-jan20-2008-is-obama-black.html One of my favorites: Is Obama Black?

Mr Clinard replies:

Mark: While enjoying our exchange I do appreciate your treating me gently and tractable. It takes me back when Britt and I exchanged rather semi-heated antithetical views awhile just for the absurdity of it. However, in my dotage (80th year) my lowered expectations result in non-copious paragraphs. My thanks continually flow that the Internet was unavailable during my career days or my career would be nonexistent. My thanks continually flow for young curious minds that will be our salvation if the religious nuts keep their hands off the red button. Your blog will call me back occasionally to see who you are disrespecting currently. In the meantime I yield for now. Congratulations, You retain Halle Berry. For tonight. Bill Clinard (Friend of Britt's family)

Mark replies:Dear Mr. Clinard

You Sir are a Gentleman, and I appreciate you throwing in Halle Berry. Do you mind if I publish our exchange on the blog? If you have a picture you can email me I will publish it along with all correspondence associated to the argument du jour. I have a very liberal friend, Fraternity Brother, Lawyer who as you read the blog you will discover, who relishes me posting his photo and contact info. I would love to give you the same notoriety. This is up to you.

I only take exception to the statement that I am disrespecting the politicians, as my viewpoint is that they disrespect us.

I would be honored for you to leave your comments to any of the blogs you read. I look forward to meeting you in person and buying you a beer.

Mark Hall

Bill replies:

MARK, YOU OWE ME A BEER AND BRITT OWES ME 5 YEARS. BILL




No comments: